Useful websites

Orbit HomeBuy Agent is the one stop shop for information on all low cost home ownership products in Bedfordshire, Birmingham, Cambridgeshire, Coventry, Dudley, Herefordshire, Norfolk, Shropshire, Solihull, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Warwickshire, Wolverhampton and Worcestershire.
For details of HomeBuy Agents for other areas.
To find your Local Authority details or the Local Authority you are looking to move to and link to their website.
To find out details of your local police force, station or non-emergency telephone numbers.
The Leasehold Advisory Service provides free advice on the law affecting residential long leasehold properties.
The Tenant Services Authority (TSA) which will act as a new watchdog for social tenants. The TSA will regulate social housing landlords, setting high standards of management across housing association and at a later date local authority social homes.
The Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) which will bring together responsibility for both the land and the money to deliver new housing, community facilities and infrastructure. Homes and Communities Agency
The Residential Property Tribunal Service (RPTS) is an organisation that provides a tribunal service in England for settling disputes involving private rented and leasehold property.
Communities and Local Government sets UK policy on local government, housing, urban regeneration, planning and fire and rescue.
To find out about the services offered by the Citizens Advice Bureau and the location of their advice centres.
To find out details of Job Centre Plus for benefit information and advice.
To find out information and advice on pensions and pension credits.
For information and advice on carer’s allowance and disability living allowance contact the Disability and Carers Service.
The Consumer Credit Counselling Service offers free advice on debt problems.
For free confidential advice on debt contact the National Debtline.
Age Concern offer advice and support for people aged over 50 on a range of issues.
To find out about tax credits and how to claim them.
The Gas Safe Register replaces CORGI registration and by law from 1 April 2009 anyone working on gas must be registered. Gas Safe Register
U Switch – An independent provider of price comparisons for utility providers.

By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Visit our Privacy Policy for more information.

Change cookie settings: